Thursday, October 21, 2010

Feet






   


the marble floor
tarmac, sand and snow-
my feet have felt them all.

they carry me through
and every time i walk
these feet leave a trail-

look how far i've come.


-Jason


        


they were washed in rose water
wiped with the softest cloths
and painted with the finest designs.

the rites were performed correctly.

and then the bride
was told to step 
into a dish of colored water
and leave a bloody trail
all over her new home.

-Nikita














2 comments:

  1. @nikita: your version makes so much sense on so many levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Both of you: Must you always leave me with such mixed feelings? From now on, I shall read one piece, review it, then read the other :-P
    @Jason: You made me cry. I love the simplicity and the depth of what you've written.
    @Nik: Don't even get me started on the depth of yours. I winced when I reached the end. Regardless, it's gorgeous!
    Once again, had I not known who wrote which one, I would've guessed incorrectly.

    ReplyDelete