Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Shotify - Prufrock

So this week, we decided to reinterpret in Word-ka Shots a brilliant work of poetry called 'The Love Song Of J. Alfred Prufrock' by T.S. Eliot. If you haven't already read the poem, read it here. Then scroll down to see what we did with it.


(Photo via tumblr.com)






the voices asked me
if i dared;
my return from hell
was a question
because hell was love 
and longing
and my mind-
swallowed 
fog and smoke and sea
to fill the void within me
but i shrunk
with every revision
because the thoughts
i chose to keep were ones 
that killed me.


 -Jason





rescue me
from the swirling depths
of what i meant (a seashell)
and what they saw (clams)
and what you heard, (dinner)
so I may finally ask you
this overwhelming question.










-Nikita

















1 comment:

  1. Guys, December needs a shot from you two! Do a shot on 'Santa', no please? Would really love to see what you both do with it...or with him? :-P

    ReplyDelete