Monday, December 6, 2010

Trouble


In keeping with the theme for this week, we decided to make some trouble.
Both our pieces are up. But we're not telling you which is which. Have a guess, won't you? :)













Words fly from our mouths
like we knew
all along
that we would meet here
this time, this place.
Like waves on sand,
we move back and forth;
our hearts desire
different things though.

Trouble is on
the tip of your tongue.
Is it a wonder then
that I refused a taste?





She tip-toed across the hallway,
Cautiously passed her parents room,
Snuck past grandma, snoring in her chair...
Then, craftily maneuvering 
the creaky stairs-
She almost reached the door when- 
CRASH!

The vase falls to the floor.

And purring at her heels is
Mommy's 'new' little angel.
Adorable, but aptly named!





























11 comments:

  1. shud i not know??? shud i be the first one??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jase's is on the left, yours on the right

    ReplyDelete
  3. its the other way round acc to me....

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think nik is on left and Jason on right..

    ReplyDelete
  5. The moment of truth then? Drum roll please...
    The poem on the left (begins "Words fly...") is Nikita's. The poem on the right (begins "She tip-toed...") is Jason's.
    Do tell us what you think of them while we prepare to pour out the next round of shots...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm a month late, but I guessed right

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Saviera and Abir. Yes, yes, we'll *tries to avoid Jason's glare* try to be less predictable next time :D
    -Nikita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nikita, I just read yours. It is simply amazing. You really have a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad I read the comments first, because I was going to make a complete ass out of myself by saying that the one on the right has Nik written all over it, and the one on the left is Jason's. Wow, I was just so sure :-(

    ReplyDelete