Sunday, April 22, 2012

Light



Word-ka Shots crosses a new milestone! 
10,000+ page views from people like YOU who have loved us over the last year and a half. You've kept us going for better or worse. 
We decided to make light of the moment and celebrate the only way we can. With Shots on the spot. We gave ourselves five minutes (no peeking), and came up...with this.
 Cheers!

 








An indignant child
got the moon he asked for
in a basin full of water.

I'm as indignant
when it comes to you
but for me
well placed mirrors 
will do the trick.




keep your windows
open
to dust.
only then,
can you see
light.



















17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats guys! I am sure its been a Big Journey for the both of you. But I am sure its only been a Pleasure for all of us to read. Keep it going and keep enlightening us. :)

    And for the 5 min shot-
    Keep the windows
    open
    to dust.
    only then,
    can you see
    light.
    That is SO YOU Nikita! Loved it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mansi :)
    It's so sweet of you to say that.
    Thanks for all the love and support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the piece, but I love Nik's more. Also, could you two BE any prettier? :-)
    Congratulations on the success. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angana :) And yes, this one goes to Nikita. She's scored a double whammy shot!

      Delete
    2. We're glad you liked us, Chandler Gupta :p

      Delete
  5. Hey J I loved the pic and the way you guys pen it down... keep going

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Pooja. And come back to the office soon. I've missed you!

      Delete
  6. loved both of them(poems and d pics:P)!!I can see word-ka-shots getting published as a collection some day!!please keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its good, both of them... :)
    but be careful
    you might get too comfortable with your styles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good observation. The reason this is so close to our original style is because it was written in 5 minutes :)

      Delete
    2. Do you find too much of a similarity in what we've been doing? Because I rather miss my old style. Feel like this is not me. But its interesting. Thoughts, D'cruz?

      Delete
    3. I do... I feel like the shots are getting a bit conventional. but it could also be only my perspective.

      Delete
  8. Wow. Thank you everyone! Do keep reading.

    ReplyDelete