Monday, January 24, 2011

Tricky

Word-ka Shots reader Sivakami Sivakumar served us a heady little one. But we're upto an old trick of ours. Guess which piece belongs to whom. We haven't put our names on them. Again.

Drink up, lovely people...











... they gave me
...a magician’s hat...
or something black
...like coarse velvet…
I was told… no, it was whispered…
“pull out a dream…”

I reached in… deep- 
into the coarse black velvet…
first hand… then head… then knees…
but somewhere… in its slimy gullet…
I dug my heels in…

and with a retching movement
I woke up
resenting my abysmal magic skills.






Talking to you
is like riding a unicycle.
On a tightrope.

With a barking dog.
At each end.

Six long stemmed glasses
on a tray.
In one hand.

And 4 volumes of the Encyclopedia Britannica
in the other.
As an ostrich feather
vacantly tickles
my left heel.

















7 comments:

  1. wow.....i love both of them - i guess the left one is by Nikita (Harry Potter style) and the other obviously Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Sivakami (who can't comment for some reason) and I think Nikita is on the right and Jason on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great one!
    I think Jason's on the left (magician) and Deshpande on the right :)
    - Mamtora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unless, the right is an unusual Jason (one wouldn't discount that) its a Nikita; ergo the left is a Jason. The right is very visual and vivid. And whimsical. It seems like something Dpd would enjoy, if not write. :) The left is sensual and dream-like, thats why I thought it seemed like a Jason. Now tell us already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :D i liked both... but u guys are still a bit predictable.... try a new word..... how about....... CHAOS..... :D think about it :D
    and think different.... you never know!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We apologize for the delay... Yes the predictability needs to be checked. We promise to surprise you...soon....
    Yes, IT IS Jason on the left and Nikita on the right... Well done all of you....
    And Thank You, D'Cruz for your idea... We'll take it up soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to stop guess, wrong again. I really though it was Nik on the left. But I guess the style does suit Jason better.

    ReplyDelete