Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Thorn

For the first time in Wordkashots' history, we do something similar. Your thoughts? 





    


     i keep you as a thorn
     underneath the ball of my feet;
     there is
     just enough pain 
     to keep me going
     and still not forget

     i have walked through the forest
     following a faint cry
     alone,
     in search of you.



    - Jason

                      


     

        I could have stopped
        At that last bend
        Turned my big toe up
        Pulled you out
        And laid you to rest
        On the grass.
        Instead I walk on
        And let every jab
        Remind me:
        Next time,
        I must put my foot down.

     -Nikita

3 comments:

  1. Did you decide for this to be similar, or did you both coincidentally come up with similar pieces?
    I love what you both have done.
    @nik: your piece screams YOU! Had this been one of those posts where we have to guess which one was whose, I would have guessed spot on.
    @Jason: "there is
    just enough pain
    to keep me going
    and still not forget" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading this and thinking 'finally'. I was waiting for this... A word that may say the same thing to both of you. When did you guys think this would happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. didn't think it would actually. we've had too many near misses.

      Delete