Monday, August 20, 2012

Fear

Every once in a while, we're inspired to do more than one interpretation of a theme. This one inspired Jason so much, he decided to face his fear twice over.


          



    i leapt  
    over fear;
    a fledgling
    with half-formed wings.

    falling was imminent,
    i knew it deep within.

    now memories cut
    like a blade meeting skin-
    you drew 
    me out
    i drew you in.    
        



    As a child I was afraid
    of darkness and the dead,
    but with time queerer things
    have crept into my head.


    These days what thrills me
    and yet fills me with dread;
    is that at times, quite willingly,
    I take monsters to bed.






















8 comments:

  1. Few lines, but amazing impact, keep it comin guys !! great job !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. be not so eager to claim credit
    of words which are but the agency
    through which currents of emotion flow

    by appreciating the appreciating
    you recreate that status quo

    the source of the river is but a myth
    that attains its meaning only by my reading
    of words splitting at the seams
    as they try to contain what they mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're insulting my intelligence or ability, it would be nice if you would leave a name.
      Either way, thank you for your comment :)

      Delete
  4. appreciating the appreciation *

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anonymous, we have at Word-ka Shots, a strong policy about poetry, appreciation and criticism. We like all three to be simple. I'd love if you could explain (this time in prose) your feedback.

    The words seem to be splitting the currents of your emotions at the seams, and somehow do not manage to contain what they mean.

    We'd also like to know who you are. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Nik: I was laughing joyously by the end of your poem. (in a good way)
    @Jason: "you drew
    me out
    i drew you in. "
    I want to marry these lines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reshma, they're both mine ;)

    ReplyDelete