Friday, September 28, 2012

Heat

Its guest-writer time. Kanika Raj and Jason Menezes have brought us a heat wave. Read and melt.

P.S. It also happens to be Kanika's birthday so raise your shot glasses and join us as we wish her. Happy Birthday!!




          


 

  two eyes, two ears,
  two hands, two feet-

  and yet
  the same make 
  doesn't guarantee repeats

  Alladin's rusted lamp produced 
  a very different kind of heat.

  
  

  - Jason
        


  
  That melted drop of icecream,
  Trickling down your thumb,
  That you lick off
  Before it falls

  Or

  That little drop of sweat,
  Following your spine,
  That meets his hands
  On their way up

  All you need is a little heat.


  - Kanika




















4 comments:

  1. I have been reading you both for a while now and I have to say it keeps getting better. With every shot, I get more of a feeling of 'I died at that line...or I died at that piece' Brilliant work Jason Menezes and Nikita Deshpande.

    This is the first time, I am reading you, Kanika Raj, and it's so apt that there are no words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your words. We're glad you like the shots :) May we know who you are?
    Thanks for leaving a comment either way. Cheers, J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am simply a reader who is constantly enraptured (if that would be an appropriate enough word to describe it) by both your writing, and always looks for more. So please do keep writing and delighting readers such as myself.
    Could you and Nikita Deshpande try 'Wild' for a theme? I would love to see what you both can do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give us your name, and we'll give it a shot :) Deal?

    ReplyDelete