Monday, January 10, 2011

After


Ahem, Word-ka Shots needs YOU. Suggest a one word theme for our coming round of shots. If we know you, we'll reward you suitably. In kind.
If we don't, well... there's always the internet ;-)
And now, After...








I stand three steps after you
stretching and
afraid of the light 
dancing around you
in circles
I surround you
in darkness

and then sometimes
when fate conspires
we stand together as one.



-Jason







the debris of paper plates
was cleaned,
and the wooden chairs were
stacked, packed and sent,
the star shaped lanterns
were pulled out from the sky;
and Mrs. Karmarkar from B 101
through a mouthful of chocolate cake
promished hershelf:
i'm naevwer makin the resholution agenn.




 -Nikita






















4 comments:

  1. Nikita, this one reminds me of another poet I like, Tara Deshpande. It started off in a manner that suggested a desolate sort of mood and then ends with an unexpected twist.Its such a fun poem! I love it.

    Jason, check Facebook inbox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are so close to the people you are! :D I'd paint dark clothes onto Jase, and paint a twinkle onto Nikita's eye, had I a painting of you and couldn't decide what to do after the faces were done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i somehow like it wen u post things side by side cuz its shows how different you two write.... :)

    beautiful..... 'when fate conspires, we stand together as one'

    'the star shaped lanterns were pulled out from the sky'....

    :) p.s. i love the word.... makes me think of an entirely diff thing.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nik: Rolling over with laughter, again! Only you!
    @Jason: This is going to be one of my absolute favourite ones by you!

    ReplyDelete